Wednesday, November 30, 2005

On my way to Kyoto a spectacular view

Today was pretty much spent on travelling to Kyoto from Utsunamiya via Tokyo. It was about 4 hours on the Shinkantsen (Bullet Train) and I felt pretty much wiped out.

"Blink and you could MISS it"
I was reading my guidebook and I looked up just in time to catch Mt. Fuji. What a spectical! Actually you can see Mt Fuji for a few minutes while the train goes by at 300 km/hour but damn if you can take a nice picture without polls sticking out or wires hanging down to block your view. I think I managed to get a good "shot" though.

Arrived in time for checking in at the traditional Japanese Inn (or Ryokan) where I will be staying for 4 nights. I have booked a walking tour with the Good Samaritan group, volunteers who take you around Kyoto for free; you just pay for their entrances fees to museums and their meal. Pretty cool eh?

No comments: