Sunday, December 05, 2004

Essaouira

Finally relaxing and reading a bit. Read Tracy Chevalier's book "Falling Angels"; she's also written "Girl with a Pearl Earring". I did some drawings although they're far from good.

A Dutch couple arrived to stay at the B&B, so I was no longer alone at Dar Al Bahr.

On the 7th, my birthday, I went to the beach and walked on the sand, barefeet and all. Saw some surfers, dogs, children, and collected pebbles.

Kept bumping into the restaurant's staff here and there, it's a small town, and they introduced me to their Berber friends. We talked about American music (Tracy Chapmen is still hot for them), and about all sorts of things.

I did some more shopping, and spent my birthday at the Il Mare again. My birthday cake was a slice of TIRAMISU.

On the 8th spent most of the day heading back to Casablanca for an early morning trip to the airport. The return was very long. I am home, back to reality.

Awesome trip, to be done again!!!!

No comments: