Monday, March 26, 2007

Departure

Monday morning, I caught an early train to the airport half a block away from my hotel. The Estació de França has a direct connection for 2.5 euros which not only consts less, but allows one to avoid the hassle of hooligans and the stairs up and down the metro and then the bus to the airport.

I checked out the cheese counter, but the MENCHANGO were 70 euros which is more expensive than my hood's gourmet cheese section, so I skipped that. The flights were uneventful and I made it home intact.

HIGHLIGHTS:
La Sagrada Familia is a world wonder
Santa Maria Del Mar
I loved walking in the green spaces
Favourite museum was FUNDACION MIRO
Favourite museum building: the Picasso
The Walking Tours suggested in my guidebook were very useful

FAVOURITE FOOD
Basque cuisine

FAVOURITE WINE
Merlot from the NAVARRO region

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like you had a good time in Barcelona. Glad you did! I WILL write you soon. I am so embarrassed...

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz, thanks so much for sharing your experiences. I experienced Barcelona, vicariously through your steps. glad you had such a marvelous time.

CC said...

A word on Basque regional food: I once went to the basque region and did not realize of course what exactly I ordered. "What the locals eat" I managed to say. I was served a veal head. Whole. COLD! In aspic. You know, jelled!

Enjoying your blog.