Friday, October 31, 2008

Mumbai arrival

The flight was great. I was very comfortable flying economy with Continental’s direct flight Newark to Mumbai.

I arrived safe and sound with an hour’s flight delay due to head winds.

The suitcase arrived intact. I went thru customs and found an exchange booth where I exchanged $100 (48.7 exchange rate). The Thomas Cook outside in the main hall had the same rates.

It was 30 C and almost 10pm local time.

Within 15 minutes of exiting from customs area, contacted the TNI contact person who was apologetic that a greeter should have been there. Two hours after my landing, standing in the Meet and Greet area, a young clerk finally arrives with my name on a sign, no English, and no package in hand. He drives me to the Bombay Heritage Comfort Inn, a modern clean place that would make my interior design friends jealous.

I took a shower and went to bed, hoping I can reach my representative early in the morning. They have my hotel vouchers and train/plane tickets.

No comments: