Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Via Munich .... missed connection 3-20-07

Due to bad weather in Europe, flights were delayed to North America, and we departed an hour or so late in New York City. I missed my connection in Munich, the next plane was full, therefore I had to wait 4 hours in Munich. Luckily I knew I could ask for a lunch voucher and got one for 10 euros, which was enough for an open faced sandwich and a double espresso macciato.

We landed in Barcelona on a sunny late afternoon. It´s sunny here, there are palm trees and a nice breeze. I took the blue Aerobus to the center of the city (Placa de Catalunya), then asked for a map at the information booth, took the subway to the neighborhood of Barcelonata, near the beach.

After a quick shower I walked around a bit, and passed by a restaurant which is highly recommended in my guidebook. Nice coincidence.

More walking but couldn´t find any shops open to get a SIM card or an internet cafe.

No comments: