Saturday, October 14, 2006

MOSCOW transit




I arrived at JFK late afternoon of Friday the 13th, with the new Skytrain.
A very civilized connection from midtown Manhattan. I had plenty of time
to check in -- there were no lines at the Aeroflot counter, and enough to make friends
with Vlad, a Russian circus consultant, with plenty of questions regarding his new
Macintosh :-)

I had a good flight. I am in Moscow airport now for a ten hour transit.

Just met some Ethiopians who have lived inside the airport for four months
trying to get political refuge; sat down to chat with them a bit.

Travellers have given them and others who are in same
status, blankets, newspapers and maybe more to help
them out. There is a makeshift camp as a result, just
meters away from the luxury duty free shops.

I have added a picture of myself with the interesting ceiling which is all over
this terminal.

No comments: