Monday, December 05, 2005

Lake Biwa and Port City of Otsu

Lake Biwa is the largest lake in Japan. It has a sister city association with Lake Michigan!

Otsu, which is South of the Lake, is where I am staying for a second night. It's a small port city, and my hotel was the perfect refuge for this weather beaten tourist-itis body of mine. My calves alone were begging for a restful day, especially after yesterday's 3 km hike in Shigaraki (ALL WORTH it babies!)

At noon today, I took a 90 minute boat ride on the Lake. Very nice, relaxing, just a bunch of tourists and senior citizens keeping me company.

The rest of the day included some slow meanders in the covered market, around the town, and resting, reading up on Hiroshima, where I will head tomorrow via Kyoto then bullet train.

No comments: