Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Kerala: Arrival in Cochin

Yesterday afternoon I checked out and then went to the internet café to upload some pictures. I had a good chat with my sister-in-law and then returned for 8pm pickup. After about an hour’s drive, Angelo and I got to the train station. I invited him to dinner because he wouldn’t accept my tip, so I bought us dinner and then gave him a tip anyway because he had driven me back and forth from the station for 3 hours.

At 10pm, Angelo left and I waited for my train in the Women's Waiting Room. The train was about 20 minutes late. The family waiting on the platform, husband wife and two young kids happened to be my berth neighbours. We were in the B2 compartment, which has three level berths. We managed to get a night’s sleep after tickets were checked.

In the morning, we had breakfast delivered as it is the custom here, and then at 11:30, we had lunch. The state of Kerala is very green and beautiful from what I could see in the train ride. Cochin has quite a different feel to it.

After a bit of rest, I am going to go to a concert tonight. Very much looking forward to it.

No comments: