Sunday, May 20, 2007

Packing for what weather?

Expectations of rain are usually high in Paris -- it is not known for its Sunny Weather. My friend Farida said it's been rather on the cool side lately. Therefore packing an umbrella and a good pair of shoes will be essential even though it is late May.

I am now in "packing mode" for this two week trip. I have mostly casual gear and then the wedding ensembles for Belgium. I did laundry today, and everything is on my bedroom floor getting organized. Lists are being made so I don't forget anything including gifts, toiletries and essentials for the plane ride (iPod, writing material, small cream/toothpaste tube).

I am thinking about taking 1-2 light reading books such as chef Anthony Bourdin's "The Nasty Bits", and a couple of the book I bought at the PEN World Voices Festival last month. It is essential to plan down time while one travels, otherwise it can be overwhelming.

No comments: